Featured post

Hi everybody!

My name is Alessandro and I am an Italian tenor and pianist. I live in Fordham, Cambridgeshire, and I teach Singing and Piano. . . . . ...

Friday 20 September 2024

Next Concert - 'Fathers and Sons'

 Since last week I've been back in the UK after a fantastic summer spent in Italy: nice hot weather, being close to my family and friends and able to get to the beach with only a couple of minutes walk, and of course concerts (both being on stage and in the audience - a special one was when Sara Pegoraro and Tullia Melandri gave the first performace of my A Tale of Light and Fear, they did an amazing job and the audience was quite happy) - ah, it was amazing! I've also been lucky enough to find some nice weather on my return to England and spend the weekend before resuming my lessons exploring a couple of National Trust places with Claudia and our little Nora.

But now it's time to work, see again students old and new, and get ready for the Autumn and Winter concerts. The first one will take place on Friday, November 8th at 7.30 pm at URC Downing Place in Cambridge. We planned a fantastic night with my good friend and excellent pianist Ralph Woodward and the theme of our recital is Fathers and Sons. The programme will feature some Lieder by Schubert, Loewe, Mahler, and Wolf which, in various ways, offer an insight into the relationship between fathers and sons. Moreover, there will be songs composed by three generations of Mozarts (grandfather Leopold, the one and only Wolfgang Amadeus whom we all know, and his son Franz Xaver), plus one written especially to be part of this programme by the Italian composer Emilio Ghezzi.

For more info and to get your tickets, please visit https://bit.ly/fathersandsonscambridge

Hope to see you there!




No comments:

Post a Comment