Featured post

Hi everybody!

My name is Alessandro and I am an Italian tenor and pianist. I live in Fordham, Cambridgeshire, and I teach Singing and Piano. . . . . ...

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Back to the UK - Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everybody!

I hope you had a wonderful time during these last festive weeks, enjoyed the company of your families and had a good start of the New Year!

I am finally back home in Newmarket, after some weeks with my family in Italy. I was there for some holidays, but I found some time to meet my friend Riccardo Pes, a great cellist who graduated last year at the Royal College of Music in London, to record a piece written especially for us by the composer Battista Pradal. Riccardo and I both studied composition with Battista and we are always very happy to perform his music!
Pieces for voice and cello are not so common - actually, they're almost inexistent - but as we wanted to do something together, we asked Battista for some help. I introduced Battista to the poetry by Anthony Howell, a great poet who lives in London, and he chose to set to music the beautiful poem "The Forbidden Rose". After this, Battista promised us to write other songs and we are looking forward to discovering and performing them!
You can listen to "The Forbidden Rose" on YouTube here, and have a glance "behind the scenes" here. I hope you will enjoy the song!

Here we are, recording the song in my hometown in Italy:


If you want to know better Riccardo Pes, please visit his site, or find him on Facebook or Twitter.
You can find out more about Battista Pradal here and on Twitter.
As to Anthony Howell, here is his blog.

See you soon with some news about concerts in Suffolk and in Wales!

Alessandro

No comments:

Post a Comment