Featured post

Hi everybody!

My name is Alessandro and I am an Italian tenor and pianist. I live in Fordham, Cambridgeshire, and I teach Singing and Piano. . . . . ...

Monday 2 March 2020

Newmarket Music Box

Hi everybody,

yesterday we had a great Sunday at the March Newmarket Music Box meeting!
It was focused on Mozart's opera Don Giovanni, and I gave a talk about the opera and its context, plot and characters. I had a lot of fun preparing my speech, reading essays on Don Giovanni, listening to lots of recordings and choosing which examples and what excerpts play for the audience.
I also performed Don Ottavio's aria Dalla sua pace, with my good friend Cedric at the piano!
Here is a little excerpt from our performance:


We were very happy to meet some new people, attending our meetings for the first time, and we are already working for next month's event, taking place on April 5th. Stay tuned for more info!

The Newmarket Music Box is a music appreciation society I run with Alice Haylock, a clarinettist and music teacher. We organise a meeting every month: sometimes we set a theme and ask all the participants to suggest music related to it, or we organise talks like this one about Don Giovanni - but we are also planning a Salon Concert Series, with light concerts in people's living rooms, as they used to do before the spreading of the recordings and there was a piano in every home!

Please, find out more about the Newmarket Music Box and take a look at the Facebook and Twitter page and at our site!

No comments:

Post a Comment