Featured post

Hi everybody!

My name is Alessandro and I am an Italian tenor and pianist. I live in Fordham, Cambridgeshire, and I teach Singing and Piano. . . . . ...

Monday 10 January 2022

Winterreise

 Hi everybody and happy New Year!


I hope you had a good time during the past Christmas holidays - I was able to go back to Italy and spend some time with family and friends!

I'm back in Newmarket now, and looking forward to many wonderful things in 2022 - the first one will be another concert with pianist Ralph Woodward: on Saturday 22nd of January we will perform, for the first time together, Franz Schubert’s ‘Winterreise’ (‘Winter Journey’), one of Western art-song’s greatest masterpieces. The twenty-four songs tell the story of the poet’s reaction to being jilted, as he paces the wintry landscape, alone and in shock. It’s a study in grief, a searing psychological monodrama, and it contains some of Schubert’s most haunting music.




The concert will take place at the Downing Place United Reformed Church in Cambridge and to book your ticket (£10 - students £5) please drop a message to ralphwoodwardtickets@live.co.uk.

I look forward to seeing you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment